Sports sponsorship can be seen and dated back to Rome and Ancient Greece. A holiday in Greece where prominent society users supported the arts festival as well as the sports played. By support, this didn’t mean the proper sponsorship or patronage of which was considered as a new marketing tool. It somewhat meant the continuation of such festivals and athletic occasions for entertainment.
Today, however, sponsorship through sports is becoming one of the most popular varieties of sponsorship as a result of the amount of exposure it can bring for both sponsors in addition to the sponsee. Sponsoring an athlete or sport signifies that typically the sponsor is exchanging products or money for the right to associate the company name together with the sporting event or even athlete.
Why do organizations sponsor sports?
Aside from the recognition tag sports sponsorship offers, a number of other benefits also appeal to the company’s interest. Several of the most typical benefits received below:
Added value to be able to brand
Companies that sponsor sports want their merchandise or range of items to have added benefit when attached to the sports event or party. By value, this points to product quality, price, and content. Companies use sports as a leverage to be able to stand out among other rivals, and in turn create for by themselves a top position wherever consumers can remember the company name, and possibly have everlasting brand recognition.
To watch regarding goals – sporting events have always had a single definite output, and that is there is always a winner in the end. There is always competition; the test of which staff or athlete will get over the other, proving who else is superior.
Gold medals, trophies, world records, international awareness are involved in sports and they are the symbol of status of clubs or athletes in the particular sport. Winners turn out to be popular enough to turn out to be household names, and this specific is what interests businesses who want to offer out sponsorships. They need their name attached to that household name – that may, in turn, may make their brand a household name.
Sports sponsorship really does not only apply to all major companies, but also to small businesses as well. The general concept of company awareness is still utilized and the only difference will be the level or size it covers.
All in all, organizations support sports events with specific objectives, each of which is usually addressed below:
• Brand Awareness – this aim seeks to leave consumers aware of the product name
• Brand Picture – this objective tries to make a specific style and personality that distinguishes the brand from its other competition, and in turn may give premium pricing
• Consumer relations – corporations help sporting events to immediately involve themselves with buyers and potential clients, proving that their company is usually capable of providing appropriate services and/or items
• Community relations – A new more altruistic approach is made for this objective wherein the business is concerned about the particular welfare of a community; plus supporting a sporting activities event can enhance their knowledge on the local community
• Employee relations ~ this objective for a new corporation is to market employee loyalty that will in the long run be really good for the business